It was recently my husband’s 33rd birthday, and to celebrate, we had a casino/poker theme party. It was the lucky 33 after all! I had a lot of fun creating decorations, but this easy DIY casino centerpiece was one of my favorite. With only a few materials, this is a very easy and inexpensive way to add some pizazz to your next casino or poker themed party.
- Small square glass dish – I found mine at the dollar store in the floral/vase section.
- Red Decorative Shred – Also found at the dollar store!
- Playing Cards – Surprise, another dollar store find!
- Hot Glue Gun
- Black Cardstock cut into small circles (14 per centerpiece)
- Cricut machine (optional)
Use scissors or a cutting machine to cut out 14 small circles (about 1/3 inch in diameter). Use an adhesive roller, or double-sided tape, to place the dots around the square vase to resemble a die. I actually had some dice on hand to look at to help me see how to place the dots.
Once the vases are ready, place the red shred inside. Use the hot glue gun to attach the toothpicks to the playing cards. When they are dry, place the cards inside the shred. Voila! A beautiful, casino theme centerpiece for your next casino or poker party.
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below. Don’t forget to pin it and save for later, too!