Another month has gone by, and I’m still going strong in my low carb lifestyle. If you missed my plan and how I got started in month one, definitely take a minute to read that too. I’m just going to dive right into the details of my second month.
Goal Check-In – How did I do?
- My first goal was to only weigh in/measure on Fridays. In the first month, I was hopping on that scale every day. I’m going to call this one a success! I kept my weigh-ins to Fridays, and I definitely found myself less stressed about the number and focused on the other positives. To keep myself motivated, I also left funny notes on my scale to remind myself to stay off the scale throughout the week. I called these funny Instagram posts – “shit my scale says!”
- My second goal was to only measure on Fridays, so see above – Success on this one too! It’s actually much easier than the scale. I wasn’t really that concerned with measurements, until I realized that these non-scale victories are quite exciting.
- My third goal was to only have wine on weekends. I did great the first week of the month, and then life (and kids) happened, lol! I’ll keep this goal for month 3, but I’ll call it a FAIL for this month. Sorry, not sorry!
- Fourth goal was no cheats, and SUCCESS! This is a huge one. I really have no plan for indulgences at this point, and I’m just keeping my willpower strong!
- Last goal was lose 4-5 pounds. I’m down a total of 5 pounds overall, so I’m calling it a positive. I’m starting to realize that the number on the scale isn’t all that matters, because my waist is shrinking. I’m also working out a lot, so I’m building muscle, which we all know muscle weighs more than fat!
Month 2 Update
The Successes – I know some successes are mentioned above, but each month there are bound to be other successes that come about, and I think it’s important to mention these too.
- The mirror – I like looking in the mirror again!! This is one of the biggest successes for me. I went from being skinny my whole life to having babies and gaining weight that I just couldn’t lose. These last five years have been quite challenging for my psyche, and I love the feeling of being on my way back to the way I want to look. So this success requires one thing – a smile! Smile and enjoy the journey.
- I completed a 30-day Pilates Body Challenge. It was a wonderful addition to my yoga and running. I feel great, and my body is definitely thanking me!
- YOGA!! In 91 days, I have done yoga 72 times. Namaste people!
- I’m loving the way my clothing is fitting me! I was hanging out in the Medium/Size 6 range post baby #2, but I’m already rocking a smaller size and it feels good. I ordered a jumpsuit for Easter (featured here) in a size Small. I was swimming in it, and had to reorder it in an XS! It felt great! And a bonus, it looked great too!
- The scale is still my number one frustration. Even though I am weighing myself less and I’m focusing on all the non-scale victories, I still wish the number was falling a lot faster. I’m not dwelling on it though, but still mentioning it, because I’m human. I also know that because I’m still breastfeeding, my weight varies a lot throughout the day.
- Time – My oldest has stopped taking naps. My youngest has gone from two naps down to one. My enjoyable nap time yoga sessions are now gone. I’m adjusting (it took me a couple weeks), but I’m finding the time to workout and that’s what matters. It just feels like time is against me.
- Stalling – I had one week this month that my weight and waist didn’t change at all. It’s extremely frustrating to be working so hard and have stalls. I know there can be lots of other factors, and I’m definitely not going to let it stop me.
The Goals for Next Month
- More Cardio – I have been really focusing on my yoga practice, and as I mentioned above, added in Pilates last month. BUT I really need to step up my cardio game. So my goal for the month is at least 20 miles on the treadmill.
- No cheats.
- Wine on Weekends Only – Let’s try this again, lol!
- Weigh-in/Measure on Fridays
- Get into the 130s
So there you have it, my month two check-in! I’m feeling great, and I definitely recommend this diet/lifestyle change to anyone that is struggling with weight. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Also, follow my low carb Instagram account – I post daily, and it’s great for accountability, meal ideas and motivation!!