I know it’s February, and some of you are probably off to a great start for the year already. BUT maybe you had some resolutions, and already faltered, or maybe you are finally ready to make some. I made these resolutions at the beginning of the year, but I’m finally here to write about them. So, it’s not too late to set your mind and intentions right for 2016!
For me, the last five years has been an up and down of body and mind. I have struggled with my weight, struggled with postpartum issues, and also felt like time is lacking, especially time for myself. Having children is life-changing for both the mom and the dad, but the mother goes through so many physical changes. I truly feel it takes time to get everything in check. This is truthfully another reason for my blogging break. I needed to get everything in check. I needed to feel right, to know that I put my children first before anything, and also to know that I was putting myself first.
So 2016 is here! And I’m a resolution girl! Every year, no matter where I stand, I’m always looking forward to the feeling of a fresh start. I love setting my intentions and deciding what’s important for the year ahead. This new year has been especially important to me, because I feel that my body and mind are ready to get to where I really want to be.
So…I know it took a lot of thoughts to get here, but here are my 2016 Resolutions:
- Be Present – I want to continue on my journey to be as present as I can with my children. I want engage and play and enjoy the fun. I want to see the smiles and enjoy this time I’ve been blessed with to raise my children. A little over a month ago, my husband and I witnessed our baby take her first steps. There’s no video of it, there were no phones in hand, but I’ll always remember this moment and the way my husband and I looked at each other with the widest smiles. That’s being present!
- Be positive – I am an anxious person, and there’s nothing worse for my anxiety than negativity. When my mindset is right, I feel like a better person. I admit, in my past I have been judgemental and negative towards others, and I have felt nothing worthwhile. But when I am positive and focus on lifting up everyone around me, life is better. SO…positivity!!
- Be peaceful – See ABOVE!! Lol! I am vowing to be less “judgie” of others and more empowering, I choose peace people…
- Be prayerful – I’m going to keep building my relationship with God. I pray quite a bit – My favorite times to pray are car rides, dinner, and bedtime. I love to have conversations with God. My faith is extremely important to me.
- 250 YOGA sessions – Gotta rock the yoga sesh! I fell in love with yoga in August 2015, and it has truly been life-changing. It has helped me with so many aspects of my life. I try to fit yoga in at least 4-5 times per week. I decided on 250 yoga sessions for the year, in hopes that I go beyond that. The current yoga journey I just finished was Yoga Camp with Yoga with Adriene. I cannot recommend this enough. It’s great for all-level yogis, and it is truly inspirational!
- 250 miles – The year before my youngest was born, I did 265 miles on the treadmill. I admit, I’m not a great runner, so for me this is a good goal. I want to set an achievable goal. That’s my advice to you too! Set goals that you can actually achieve.
So, after I had decided on my plan for 2016, I decided that I wanted to create a vision board, something that I could look at everyday to remind myself of ALL that I had set out to accomplish this year. And, because my amazing husband bought me THIS (aff. link) for Christmas, I was so excited to make it! Without further ado, here is my 2016 vision board:
It’s hanging in my bedroom, so every day, I get many glimpses of it. This is the first time I ever made a vision board, but it’s a great motivation for the year ahead. So, comment below with your resolutions. I can’t wait to hear what you’re focusing on this year!